What is administration?
Administration is a field of knowledge necessary in many spheres of public, political, and economic life. During the course, the student acquires the ability to use advanced knowledge in the field of administrative law, public finance, management, and the functioning of institutions in Poland and the European Union. Completing the course in the field of administration will provide the graduate with an excellent understanding of these areas as well as knowledge and practical skills enabling work in various positions which require knowledge of legal regulations and their practical application.
The two-cycle administration programme has long been one of the most valued and most popular degree programmes at NCU. The first-cycle degree programme is completed with the professional title of bachelor, and the second-cycle degree programme provides the title of master.
Why is it worth studying administration at the Nicolaus Copernicus University?
- Stable staff that guarantees the implementation of a coherent concept of education – 1st place in the country in terms of staff strength in important national rankings.
- The course is accredited by the Polish Accreditation Committee.
- A thriving student scientific movement (32 research clubs) operating at the Faculty that organises several scientific conferences each year, including international and national conferences, and issues two electronic student scientific journals.
- A systematically increasing number of external funds obtained for conducting scientific research under international (Horizon 2020, International Visegrad Fund) and national grants (National Science Centre).
- An educational programme which is diversified in terms of content and adapted to the current and future needs of the job market; it is also optimally balanced in terms of theoretical and practical aspects.
- The possibility to complete part of the programme abroad under the ERASMUS + programme.
- Active cooperation with the social and economic environment in the organisation of internships and traineeships for students of the Faculty of Law and Administration.
- A rich didactic offer in English as part of the Comparative Law School.
- Education in a particularly good teaching infrastructure with modern equipment for classrooms and laboratories.
- Easy and convenient access to the resources of the Faculty library and the Main Library of the Nicolaus Copernicus University.
What after completing the course?
First-cycle degree programmes:
A graduate of administration can continue education via the second-cycle degree programme (two-year MA degree).
Second-cycle degree programme:
A graduate of administration can continue education via a PhD programme.
Completion of administration at the Nicolaus Copernicus University opens up vast opportunities for the graduate to find an interesting and well-paid job. For people with a degree of creativity – this is a chance for a career in areas such as economy, administration and politics.
NCU administration graduates have obtained roles:
- in government and local government administration offices,
- in EU institutions and agencies, diplomatic services,
- in the police, the Internal Security Agency, the Foreign Intelligence Agency, and the municipal guard office,
- in private and state-owned companies as financial advisers or tax experts,
- as managers and experts of various institutions, foundations, associations,
- in real estate offices, insurance companies, banks, or the marketing departments of a diverse range of companies.